From:
Barbara Sakai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:58:13 EDT

Hi--

I want to first offer my heartfelt thanks to those of you who have written
telling me to stay healthy and never mind the Dr's---I really appreciate the
moral support. I agree that going off the diet when its what makes me well is
sorta like hitting your head against the wall and complaining that you have a
headache LOL--which is why I ask the question I do...

But I find that I must offer a clarification---in rereading my post I realize
I wasn't at all clear what my true question is. Sorry about that. My concern
is that I understand there is followup care for the "difinitively" diagnosed
celiac---additional biopsies or closer care to monitor cancer than the
average population or what-have-you. Since I believe I am a celiac, I am left
wondering just what kind of follow-up care is involved--just how important
this monitoring is--how many of you do it--how often--etc etc etc. In other
words--is this something I should be concerned about--Is there a real clear
reason to get the diagnoses other than that I'd have something to show the
IRS if I tried to get the tax write-off on the price of g/f products? Sorry
if this wasn't at all clear in my original post. Put it down to mental
cloudiness as this is the worst of the allergy season for me.

barbara in Burbank CA