From:
Judith Holton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith Holton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 20:18:16 -0600

I am caring for my cousin who is also Celiac.  She broke her ankle and she received a prescription for generic Ultram.  The physician sent the prescription to the CVS Pharmacy on Trail Lake in Fort Worth.
I went to pick up her prescription and asked if it was GF.  I could tell the assistant in the pharmacy had no idea what Gluten Free meant.  I asked her to check if it was GF.  She came back to me and said she didn't know what GF was, so I asked her to ask the pharmacist.  He said the drug was GF, but he didn't know about the fillers, etc.  I asked him to check in his computer about the fillers and he said that information was not in the computer.  He said I could call the company.  I asked for the phone number of the drug manufacturer. He said they didn't have the number of the manufacturer. They gave me the name of the manufacturer and when I got home and located the number of the manufacturer they were closed.  I couldn't find about the med online.  I checked all of the GF sites that verify meds. Anyone who has broken a limb knows how painful it is.  I was astonished and furious about their cavalier attitude. They weren't in the least helpful and seem to not care about helping with problem.I went into today and spoke to the pharmacist on duty today and he said they were very busy yesterday, which in no way excuses their attitude and behavior. The manager wan't in today and I am going to speak with him tomorrow.