From:
kathy bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kathy bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:41:08 -0500

My sons Ped GI ordered the AGA,TTGA, Total IGA and HLA DQ-2 and HLA DQ-8 and said that based on the results my son does not have Celiac disease.( I am reading his handwriting so I may have typed some of those codes wrong) He also stated that since my son was negative on the gene test, then my husband cannot have it either.
Both had been previously DX based on elevated enzymes on the celiac panel.Both of them are healthy and show no symptoms, were only tested because another family member has it. My sons GI said that the gene test is the most reliable.
We called my husb GI to ask for the same gene testing to document that he does not have it and his Gi said that test is no longer used and is not reliable?? How are people supposed to make informed decisions when even Drs cant agree. my husb also had an endoscopy that came back clear.
Does anyone have anything to offer to this? We have another appt with my sons DR in April, and plan on asking alot of questions. He did say that the previous celiac panel could have shown elevated enzymes for reasons other that celiac but he did not go into detail. I am also thinking that my husb should see another GI for a 2nd opinion. It is logical to me that a gene test would be a stronger diagnostic tool than an test looking at enzyme levels
HELP PLEASE!!!!