From:
Deborah Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:47:52 -0800

We had a great dinner at the Outback in Norman last
weekend.  I called ahead and talked with Travis, the
manager on duty, who was not familiar with the GF
menu, but welcomed us to come and bring it with us.

When we arrived and expressed our needs to our server,
Travis came to the table and introduced himself.  He
assured us that all of the meats were freshly
prepared, nothing was marinated ahead of time, and
everything was free of MSG (that was nice to know!).
Both he and our server were very kind and
accommodating.

We ordered Ripper Shrimp with cocktail sauce, Jackeroo
Chops, Chicken On The Barbie (with BBQ sauce), the
Outback Special (sirloin) and the Prime Minister's
Prime Rib.  We each got a baked potato (we avoided the
margarine because we weren't sure about it, and used
salad oil instead, which is our practice) and a salad
(with no croutons or cheese, as we are casein free,
too).

Our meals were very good, the waiter and manager were
very kind and accommodating, and no one got sick!

Unfortunately, the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under
was off limits to us because it is made with whipped
cream :( but, otherwise, we were very happy to have a
"safe" evening out :)

Happy eating to all!

Deborah in OKC