From:
Deborah Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:12:30 EST

Hi, everyone.
I am forwarding to you the only recipe I recieved for a German chocolate cake
and accompanying frosting.

I also received recommendations to use regular chocolate cake recipe, but
substitute German chocolate for the chocolate baking squares.

Furthermore, you can make a regular GF chocolate cake and just use the special
coconut-pecan frosting (pillsbury).
 Authentic  Foods 1-800-806-4743 makes a good chocolate cake mix that is GF.

That's all!  Thanks
Deborah

From: "L.Shriver" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Deborah,

Here is a recipe for German Chocolate Cake.

Chocolate Cake

1 Cup Sugar
*1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (see below)
4 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Teaspoon Soda
1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum (optional)
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Sift Sugar, Flour and Cocoa and Xathan Gum together. Mix together Sour
Cream and Soda, add Eggs and Vanilla. Blend with Flour mixture and beat
until blended. Pour into prepared pans and Bake at 300 degrees until done.

Icing

1 Cup Evaporated Milk
1 Cup Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
1/4 LB  Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/3 Cups Coconut
1 Cup chopped Pecans.

Combine Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Butter and Vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. remove from heat,
and add Coconut and Pecans. Beat until cool and of spreading consistency.

*Gluten Free Flour

3 Cups Brown Rice Flour
1 Cup Corn Flour
1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour

Mix together and store into an airtight container. Use in recipes in place
of flour.

I use this all my cake and muffin recipes. Before each use shake the
container because the flour tends to settle.