From:
Arlene Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arlene Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 16:12:24 -0400

What a wonderful discussion about TINNITUS (can you hear me now?).  I hope I
bring some laughter.  Good medicine.

So far I am gathering that being deficient in vit B12 and folic acid may be
the cause.  Celiac's are regularly deficient in those - this is what I read,
but didn't know the possible tinnitus connection.  I did notice when I was
taking a left-over B-12 vit supplement (bought on the web) last month that
the tinnitus went away 50--70% but didn't attribute it to the B vit, only
being GF.  My homeopathic doctor suggested I have my doctor test me for
deficiency in vit B12 folic acid and ferritin.  Now it is sounding like ALL
3 of these may be causing the tinnitus.  I do hope so ever sooo much.  I
read on the Web that the lab must do the ferritin test and not the iron test
to truly show whether it is simply an iron deficiency or the body's
inability to assimilate iron (ferritin).  My doctor's apptmt isn't until the
20th of May.  I am going to send her a letter requesting these tests BEFORE
I see her.  I hate being the doctor and the patient.   Thanks to Selena Eon,
ND I now understand the difference between ferritin and iron test.  Gooo
Selena:)

Tired and healing in California
arlene

*******