Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 08:52:33 -0500

I'm heading to Los Angeles for the Celiac Annual Educational
Conference and Food Faire on Saturday, May 20.  Besides serving up
samples and selling our pizzas and tea cakes at the event, I'd like
to visit some retail stores to try to get our products in the LA
area.  So, I need some help from those who live in Southern
California.  Where do you shop?   I know Whole Foods Market and Wild
Oats are favorites of many but it's difficult for a small company to
break into those stores (but I'm going to try.  I never dreamed in my
entire life that I'd be doings sales.  What a challenge!).   Are
there any smaller stores where you shop that you could recommend I
visit?  In Minnesota we have alot of food co-ops but I don't recall
them in the LA area when I lived there 20 years ago.

Since I'm on the road at least a week of month, I'm always nervous
about places to eat.  I usually stay in one of those extended stay
places with small kitchens and cook up pizzas.  This time I'm staying
with my mother who is not gluten-free but is really good at being
extra careful and aware.  I'd like to take her out for a belated
Mother's Day dinner, any suggestions in the LA area where I can find
a safe dinner?  (I'm super sensitive to gluten and really hate
getting sick when traveling.)  I don't think she'd enjoy a trip to
the grocery store for cheese, apples, carrots and paper plates :)
Maybe Mexican?  Anyone have good luck at a Mexican diner in So Calif?

Thanks for your help.

Brenda
Madwoman Foods
www.madwomanfoods.com