From:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:18:17 -0800

HI,

I just want to add a note to discussion of grain grinders.

Anyone on a strict gluten free diet should consider that a used grain grinder cannot be guaranteed to be completely clean of the gluten grains it may have processed in the past.  This is the opinion of the manufacturers and dealers who manufacture and distribute them.

On a personal note, I took my grain grinder apart to see if I could clean it enough myself and discovered that they are right, at least for my model.

So when you are shopping ebay or another "resellit" site, double check to be sure the item is really new or satisfactorily clean to the standards you have chosen for your family.

Olive Kaiser

Mrs. Olive Kaiser
Gluten Free Tools
www.geocities.com/glutenfreetools
877-456-7704
877-888-6033 fax

Disclaimer --- I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can
share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact
a well informed medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.
Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.