From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.V. Rich
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 13:23:58 -0700

PART 1
For about six months, I have been maintaining a list of companies and
brands that voluntarily label for the presence of wheat, rye, and
barley AND/OR major allergens.  The idea behind keeping such a list is
so I knew which brands that had ingredient labels I could trust.  At
one time I had great plans to make this a systematic project, but life
got in the way.  You know how that is.

Thought I would share with you.

Please keep in mind that these products are NOT NECESSARILY gluten free
- but if they contain wheat (and in some cases, barley and rye), it
should be specifically listed in the ingredients.

The source for the information is largely this list as well as what I
have gleaned from personally talking to companies.  Whenever I call or
contact a company, I try to find out if they have a policy about
labeling ingredients.

I would be interested in any feedback you can provide about problems
you have had with any of these brands so we can evaluate how
successfully this voluntary labeling meets our needs.  I would also be
interested in any additions to the list.

I had to divide the list into two parts because it is so long.

Jackie in AZ
***************************

Brands on this list specifically Label for gluten (according to
listmates) OR major allergens  or both (if specified)  (A - M)
Abuelita major allergens only)
Act II (major allergens only)
Aim
Albers (major allergens only)
All
Andy Capp’s  (major allergens only)
Angela Mia  (major allergens only)
Aqua Net
Armour  (major allergens only)
Arrowhead Mills
Award  (major allergens only)
Balance
Banquet  (major allergens only)
Baskin Robbins
Ben & Jerry's
Bertoli
Betty Crocker
Big Mama Sausage  (major allergens only)
Blue Bonnet  (major allergens only)
Blue Bunny
Breakstone's
Breyers
Brown ‘n Serve  (major allergens only)
Brummel & Brown
Brut
Bull's Eye BBQ
Buitoni (major allergens only)
Butterball  (major allergens only)
Calvin Klein
Campbells
Caress
Carlos V major allergens only)
Carnation major allergens only)
Cascadian Farms
Celestial Seasonings
Chef Boyardee  (major allergens only)
Chun King  (major allergens only)
Close-up
ConAgra (all brands labelled separately here – list for major allergens
only)
Cook’s  (major allergens only)
Country Crock
Country Line  (major allergens only)
Country Skillet  (major allergens only)
Country Time
Cracker Barrel
Crosse & Blackwell major allergens only)
Crunch and Munch  (major allergens only)
Crystal Light
Culturelle  (major allergens only)
D’Onfrio major allergens only)
DAVID  (major allergens only)
Decker  (major allergens only)
Degree
Dennison’s  (major allergens only)
Dove
Eckrich  (major allergens only)
Eggbeaters  (major allergens only)
Elizabeth Arden
Enlighten (major allergens)
Fernando’s  (major allergens only)
Final Touch
Finesse
Firecracker  (major allergens only)
Fleischmann’s  (major allergens only)
Gebhart  (major allergens only)
General Mills
Gilardi Foods  (major allergens only)
Gilroy Brands  (major allergens only)
Good Humor
Good Seasons
Gorton's
Green Giant
Gulden’s  (major allergens only)
Hain Pure Food
Healthy Advantage (major allergens)
Healthy Choice  (major allergens only)
Hebrew National  (major allergens only)
Hellman's
Hershey
Homestyle Bake  (major allergens only)
Hungry Jack
Hunt’s  (major allergens only)
Hunt’s Snack Pack  (major allergens only)
I Can't Believe it's Not Butter
Imagine Foods
Imperial
Inland Valley  (major allergens only)
Jell-o
Jelly Belly jelly beans
JHS  (J Hungerford Smith) (major allergens only)
Jiffy Pop  (major allergens only)
Kids’ Cuisine  (major allergens only)
Klim major allergens only)
Klondike
Knorr
Knottsberry Farm  (major allergens only)
Kool Aid
Kozy Shack
Kraft
La Choy  (major allergens only)
Lamb Weston  (major allergens only)
Lawry's
Lever 2000
Libby’s   (major allergens only)
Lightlife  (major allergens only)
Lipton
Longmont  (major allergens only)
Louis Rich  (major allergens only)
Lucerne (major allergens)
Luck’s   (major allergens only)
Lunch Makers  (major allergens only)
Maggi major allergens only)
Mama Rosa’s  (major allergens only)
Manor House (major allergens)
Manwich  (major allergens only)
Margherita  (major allergens only)
Marie Callendar’s  (major allergens only)
Martha White
Maxwell House
McCormick
Mentadent
Meridian
Miracle Whip
Move over Butter  (major allergens only)
Muir Glen