From:
Patricia Vigneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:25:42 -0500

Hi All, I just sent a "thank-you" to Vicki for sharing info about Dairy
Queen sundaes. Her posting said "As a Dairy Queen owner and celiac I can
assure you that Diary Queen softserve, both chocolate and vanilla, are
gluten-free."  Since this is her line of work, and she IS a celiac, this
info is second nature to her, but being relatively new to the list (7
months) this was great news to me and I appreciate her informing all of us!

    I just have to wonder how many other celiacs out there work in the
food/restaurant/catering industry and "know" of gluten free foods that
others may not be aware of? I know this is kind of general, but I would
be glad to post a summary of any info forwarded to me from anyone in
these industries that may have firsthand knowledge of GF foods/dishes
from their lines of work.  (Example: Is there a certain dish at a chain
restaurant that is GF or are there certain items that you purchase
regularly at your grocery store that are GF?)  I'm hoping to find some
GF items that haven't been posted before or items that have not have
been mentioned recently.

    A HUGE thanks to everyone who takes the time to post information for
all of us to share. This community has been so helpful to me since my
own diagnosis this past July.  I have learned more here than I ever
could have from ANY one doctor or nutritionist.  Here's hoping that we
can come up with lots of new or different GF products and/or dishes, or
at least supply some good basic info for the new members!

Thanks,
Pat V
Cinnaminson NJ