From:
Patrick Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:33:38 -0700

Hi All,

I've had so many requests to repost this recipe. With Valerie's
permission, ( it's her recipe) here it is.

A couple of notes: Valerie uses vanilla pudding. I inadvertently put
chocolate pudding in and got chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Either
way they are good.Also, just a note. I've been using Bette's 4 Flour
blend from authentic food. Everything I've made has turned out great. I
have no interest in the company,just thought you mighgt be interested.

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 sticks Fleishman's margarine
2 eggs
2 teas. vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teas. baking soda
1 rounded teas. xanthan gum or guar gum
1 small box Jello instant pudding mix
2 2/3 cups GF flour blend:
   (I used 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 1/2 cup corn starch, 2 Tbls garbanzo
   fava flour blend plus enough white rice flour to equal 2 3/4 cups)
6 ounces (1/2 bag) semi sweet chocolate chip cookies

Thoroughly mix first 9 ingredients with electric mixer. Beat in flours.
Dough should be stiff & gooey.  Add additional rice flour as needed.
Stir in chocolate chips by hand.  Chill dough for at least one hour.

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  Drop rounded teaspoons onto ungreased
cookie sheet.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes.  Makes about 3 1/2 dozen small
cookies.

Notes:

(1) The bean flours taste & smell bitter before they are cooked, but the
bitterness cooks out.  Bob's Red Mill or Authenic Foods makes these
flour blends.  I think Authetic calls it "garfava flour."

(2) While cookies are baking, return remaining dough to the frigerator
until ready to bake.  Don't allow dough to get warm before baking.  I
make up three or four cookie sheets of cookies at a time & refrigerate
them until they are ready to bake.

(3) My hand held Sunbeam mixer does a better job of mixing cookie dough
& GF bread doughs than the gigantic Kitchen Aid mixer I bought &
returned to the store a couple weeks ago.  Plus my Sunbeam mixer is tons
cheaper, lots easier to clean & stores neatly in a kitchen drawer.

Valerie Wells in Tacoma, Washington USA