From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:43:39 PST

Hello List:

It's been only 3 months that I have known that I had Celiac Sprue. I've
been reading and learning from all of you. I appreciate the support that
is out there.

I have decided that the best way to avoid gluten this Thanksgiving is to
have dinner at my house. My family has agreed to this as well. They will
bring things like salads, veggies etc that do not contain any kind of
flour or gluten and I have agreed to make the stuffing, pies etc that do
contain some kind of flour.

I can hardly bare the taste of the breads available at the health food
stores but do use them to make crumbs for meat loafs etc. I was thinking
of trying them in the stuffing along with corn bread. I'm the only one
with sprue disease and am hoping that the taste of my stuffing will not
send my family away to never return again. What do you do for Turkey
stuffing and how does your non-spru partners like them? Recipes would be
nice if you can spare the time, otherwise I will just substitute on my
recipe.

Also, I am thinking of using a gf shortbread recipe to make my
cheesecake crust in place of graham crackers. Any other ideas out there.
Also I have not made a pie since diagnosed and was wondering if someone
out there has a terrific recipe for crust that will impress non-sprue
people everywhere.

Thank you so much
Sheryl Tingley
Auburn, WA