From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:03:38 EST

A number of you asked about the hoison sauce I used in my barbecue rib
recipe. I cannot recommend a specific brand for general gf use. The one I use
has harmless ingredients, but if you want a confirmation, you'll have to
contact the company or find it on one of the approved lists.
That being said, I used Hoisin Sauce made by Lee Kum Kee. Ingredients on the
label said sugar, sweet potatoes, water, salt, soybeans, garlic, corn starch,
sesame seeds, spices, chili pepper, acetic acid, color (FD&C Color #40.),
which again, I did not check out.
You can just leave it out of the recipe. Using any combination of gf soy
sauce, sweet and sour duck sauce, fruit jams, honey, molasses, etc. will make
delicious ribs.
L.