From:
Ruth Mays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:37:20 GMT

Last month my Mom became very ill- she vomited for three days and
nights followed by diarrhea.  What came up looked like balls of grass
clippings.  All of this caused an Addison's crisis, and she ended up
in the hospital.  The GI doc could not find any reason for her
illness- I think they did every test they could think of and then
some.  In the end, he decided that she has Celiac disease, even though
she has never had any symptoms before.  He put her on a gluten and
lactose free diet (even though she has never had any problems with
milk products before.)  There was no biopsy done, just blood tests,
which were not conclusive for Celiac, but did not rule it out either.
He dismissed the report of green balls of stuff- but then, by the time
she was in the hospital, there were no more.  Has anyone out there
ever had anything like this happen?  We think it was undigested
vegetable matter caused by taking Pepcid (large doses) for a long
time, combined with daily doses of Metamucil.  Some literature
suggests that Pepcid inhibits the digestion of vegetables.  If anyone
has had a problem like this, please send me private E-mail.  Thanks!
Ruth Mays, owned by Josephine and Benjamin
Cinnaminson, NJ  USA  08077
E-Mail:[log in to unmask]