From:
john visser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

Hello Celiac Friends,

My small posting regarding "mouthwashes and toothpaste GF" generated a lot
of private E-mail. By way of this general posting I would like to thank all
those who responded and make comments to my posting:

1) My nephew (age 35) had a great deal of problem when using Listerine
mouthwash.  As soon as he used it, his celiac signs reoccured.  Stopping its
use returned him to "normal" daily life.

2) An item in one of our celiac newsletters quite a while ago (I confirmed
this with one of our longtime members) stated that Crest toothpaste (in
Canada) contained gluten.  Their formula might have changed.  If you are
concerned, you should recheck with the manufacturer (Proctor & Gamble).

3) I have been told that Colgate is gluten free and use it without any
problems.

I apologize if I mislead any of you with the broad statement I made.
Hopefully this will end the discussion to my "full" E-mail.

John Visser.