Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:42:09 -0800

The next meeting of SOUTH BAY CELIACS will be held on

   Saturday, January 23, 1999

   11:00 a.m.

This month the meeting will be held in Santa Cruz at the
home of Judy Beck rather than our usual Los Gatos location.  If
you do not receive the newsletter, see below for more information
about this change and about the new Stanford Celiac Group.

The meeting will be held at:

109 Clark Avenue

Santa Cruz, California

831-423-7827

Bring a gluten-free item (and a list of ingredients or a copy of the
recipe) to share if you wish.

Directions:

It is near the lighthouse.  Coming from Highway 17 or Highway 1:
Take the Highway 1 North (Half Moon Bay) exit, which turns into
Mission Street.  Take Mission to Bay Street. Turn left on Bay
Street.  Take Bay until it dead-ends at West Cliff.  Turn right.  Take
West Cliff past the Lighthouse.  The first stop sign past the
Lighthouse is Columbia.  Turn right.  The immediate first left is
Clark.  Turn left on Clark.  It's the second house on the left.

Contact: Pam Newbury

831-423-6904

A note from Pam:

I have been wanting to start a Santa Cruz Celiac group for some
time, but have been too busy to consider adding a meeting to my
schedule.  Recently, I found out that Kelly Rohlfs is starting up a
celiac group meeting monthly at Stanford University on Wednesday
evenings (see below for details), and this seemed like the perfect
time to test the waters for a Santa Cruz meeting.  So, for January
1999, the South Bay Celiac group will meet in Santa Cruz and
Kelly's group will meet at Stanford.  Depending on the feedback I
get, I may continue with Santa Cruz meetings or switch back and
forth between Los Gatos and Santa Cruz.   I hope you will let me
know how this works out for you.

The information about the Stanford Group is below.

Hope to see you soon!

Pam

STANFORD CELIAC MEETING

Wednesday, January 20 at 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. on Stanford University
Campus

The building is Cowell Student Health Center, on Cowell Lane off of
Campus Drive East.  Enter through the back door, take the elevator
to the basement, and follow the signs to the Monet room.  Parking
is not enforced in the evenings.  GF food and drinks will be
available; bring something to share if possible.  These meetings are
open to everyone, not just students.

The meetings will be scheduled for every third Wednesday of each
month.

Contact: Kelly Rohlfs

650-725-4771 (days)

South Bay Celiac News