From:
Marie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:17:00 -0400

First, thank you to everyone from my daughter and me.  She was able to visit
some of the places in the evening.  We do appreciate everyone who stopped
what they were doing to help us with this.

This is from the summary this last week that was sent out to the listserv.
 The person who sent this was nice enough to send me a separate email about
what he was summarizing.  We did appreciate that because my daughter needed
food last week.  So if you didn't see that summary, I have copied and pasted
it here.

There is also a Trader Joes and a Fresh Market, plus normal grocery stores.

A few good restaurants are:
Gringo's Taqueria
612 Norfolk Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451-4468
This is a little hole in the wall place with like 5 tables and fantastic
food.  They don't have a GF menu, but the only wheat in the place is beer
and flour tortillas.  They can make anything other than burritos with corn
tortillas, and it is fantastic.  They tend to run out of some things late in
the day because they buy everything fresh.

Pasta E Pani
1069 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
(757) 428-2299
This is some of the best Italian food I've ever had, GF or not.  They will
make any of the pasta dishes with GF pasta.  The risotto changes day to day,
but when I was there it was GF and one of the best things I've tasted in my
life.  Don't go to VA beach without going here.

Another person responded with:

Please check out Navan Foods at 4312 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452,
Ph: 866-707-7706, www.navanfoods.com, or <http://www.navanfoods.com/> Heritage
Health Foods Store*
a**t*<http://www.yelp.com/biz/heritage-health-foods-store-virginia-beach>
314
Laskin Road - Virginia Beach, VA 23451 - 757-428-0500,
http://www.heritagestore.com/ <http://www.heritagestore.com/%20>

Some people who responded wanted information for upcoming trips to VA Beach.
 I hope this makes their stay easier.

Another person wrote:
A handy tool i've used when traveling is a webssite localharvest.org type in
city/state & any csa/farmers market/coop are
listed if you rewuest them all

Navan Foods <http://www.navanfoods.com/> and Three Fellers
Bakery<http://www.3fellersbakery.com/> (gluten-free
bakery)

Another person helped me to define where exactly what part of VA Beach we
were needing information for, and then gave me several places that are good
and happen to be close to our daughter's hotel.

the best GF selections can be found at Navan Foods (www.navanfoods.com) and
the Organic Food depot (www.organicfooddepot.com), both across the road from
each other on Holland Rd just off S. Independence near the City Center.

There is a Farmers' Market off Princess Ann relatively near the hotel strip.

Someone suggested that she order food online to have while there.

*******
*******