From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:38:55 -0500

Final summary. No more recipes, please. I'm getting deluged with recipes that have nothing to do with the question of a rolled cookie cutter cookie that ships well. Thanks anyway.

...one person used thin foam sheets to pack the cookies, but doesn't know where to get the foam sheets anymore.

.. We use the Gluten Free Pantry White Cake and Cookies Mix.  You can download a recipe book for this mix off their website, and it has a recipe for roll and cut cookies.   We make them every Christmas -- they taste a lot like Pillsbury slice and bake sugar cookies.  I roll the dough out on baking parchment paper and cut them, remove the scraps, and just move the parchment paper, with the cookies on it, to the baking sheet.  That way you don't have to handle the cookies and they don't tear.

..go to the Gluten Free Pantry website.  They have a cut-out sugar cookie
recipe.

... One, I roll the cookies a bit thicker than ususal and two.(this is the good part) I package them in
priingles containers and for the smaller ones I use crysal light containers.
I put a layer of plastic wrap between each one and they generally arrive
intact.  If you keep kosher, I don't know about the pringles but I am sure
you get the idea and could find something similar. (I'm not advocating this, only quoting. I didn't think Pringles were gluten free and I don't buy Crystal Light.)

...Use the recipe in Bette Hagman's REVISED version of her first book.