From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:31:07 -0600

Spring is here and it is beautiful at Chicken Paradise.
www.chickenparadise.com   We are ready to prepare your gluten-free
breakfast with all the trimmings.  Non-celiacs have been as thrilled as the
celiacs at our table.   We have one large suite, with queen size bed that is
available at $95.00
per night.  One small child is welcome to stay in the same room.  Coffee or
tea,
along with gluten free cookies are available in the afternoon.

 Fiesta time is upon us, and so far, we still have
availability during the peak Fiesta days of April 20 through 30.  Summertime
is getting booked up, but there are still plenty of dates to choose from.

The wisteria is at full bloom right now, and the irises and roses make it
beautiful outdoors.  We are nursing along our winter garden so there are
still plenty of green things to harvest.  Tomatoes and other warm weather
crops are going in momentarily.  Mrs Peacock has quit roosting in the
hackberry tree, and has been building a nest for her annual clutch of
pea-chicks.  Once she has laid her eggs, she will sit on the nest for 28
days, and we expect to have newly hatched chicks by early May.

There are 40 baby chickens in the patio pen.  They came to us about 3 weeks
ago when the post office made a delivery mistake, and this shipment got
stranded in a small town near San Antonio, far from where they were supposed
to be.   One of the workers there knew about Chicken Paradise, so called and
asked if we would take them in or else they would surely die without water
or food.  Of course we did, and had them in the downstairs (not the B and B
suite!) bathroom for one week, then into the garage for a week, and now into
the patio pen with a heat lamp.  They scamper about like crazy, chasing
anything that moves.  Some appear to be exotic chickens, with funny topknots
and strange colorings.  We are not sure how many we will keep, and have had
offers for adoption, once they are large enough to survive in a back yard
pen.  Meanwhile, we hope to get them to that stage in time to move Mrs
Peacock into the patio pen as soon as her babies hatch.

Never a dull moment here.  Come see us and enjoy your gf gourmet breakfast
on the patio.  Dine out in the evening at celiac-friendly restaurants.
Maybe even take an exotic chicken home with you!

Anne Barfield
Chicken Paradise
606 Jackson Keller Rd.
San Antonio, Texas 78216