From:
Eileen Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:03:47 EDT

Hello new friends,

I am new to the list as well as the illness, and I have a couple questions.
I have read pretty extensively at this point, including Medline, but I would
really appreciate input from those affected.

Has anyone else had the experience of having all antibody tests positive, but
the biopsy negative?  How did you and your doctor resolve this, and what is
the most likely explanation?

My doctor feels I may be just developing the illness, or that the damage may
have healed because I had been on a GF diet for 3 days prior to biopsy. (I
had been so ill I was afraid I would not be able to get to the hospital to
have the test) I have been very ill for 10 years, so the former does not seem
likely.  The latter does not, either, since everything I have read says it
takes 3-6 months to heal the intestine.

Second - Has anyone having untreated celiac for a long period found that the
symptoms change over time?  IOW, initial - hunger/weight gain/diarrhea
changing to loss of appetite/weight loss/constipation.

Thank you for anything you are willing to share with me!

Eileen