From:
Michael Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:42:50 -0400

I received about 6-8 responses to my previous message.  Although each
suggested various different formats, everyone thought that it would be a BIG
help if message subjects identified whether they were asking questions or
providing information.

Many, perhaps most, messages I see posted identify only a product or a
general subject.  Thus, I and other recipients can't determine whether the
message is of sufficient interest to read until after reading it.  The less
time readers spend sorting through posts that don't interest them, the more
time they will have to respond to posts about which they have valuable
information.

Please consider making your subject as informative to the reader as possible.
 For example, a subject line reading "Campbell's Soup" is less informative
than "Question re: Campbell's Soup" or "Info re: Campbell's Chicken & Rice
Soup" or "List of Campbell's GF Soups," etc.

Mike Coe
Arlington, VA