From:
Judy Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judy Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:34:39 -0500

I am fairly new to a GF diet.  I was diagnosed in June.  Since then I have
not had a single piece of
bread of any kind other than GF from a natural foods store.  However, all of
the ones that I tried
were very dense and heavy.  I hated them, took a couple of bites and threw
the rest of the loaf out!
I also have had NO baked goods what so ever, which was literally killing me.
I have a sweet tooth
once in a while and love brownies, etc.

However, someone on a recent posting mentioned that when they bake, they
substitute a one to one ratio of cornstarch
for flour.  So, I had some extra bananas the other day and decided to try it
on banana bread.  I just used my regular
banana bread recipe but did the substitution.  It was SOOO good!!  I thought
others might want to know!!  I could
barely tell.  Even my teenage daughter ate it!

Now I'm ready to try it on brownies, etc....

Judy

---