From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:32:07 -0700

I also am looking for a cyber hug, support, ideas.

I have 2 celiacs, myself and youngest son, and 3 non-celiacs, my husband and
2 other children in the family.

I still make all the stuff I used to make, scalloped potatoes, schitzel,
beef stroganoff, hamburgers, meatloafs, lasagna, ie, gluteny foods but
without the gluten.  I concocted recipes to come up with the same thing but
with non-gluten ingredients.

If we have soup and sandwiches, spaghetti, etc. I make two sets, one for the
celiacs and one for the nons.  Of course this makes for all burners on the
stove being used, ie, two pots for soup and two fry pans for the grill cheese.

Now my problem, my husband complains that I never make any gluten meals any
more.  Of course I am thinking mainly of my son when it comes to eating that
he needs the most nourishment and balanced meals and I usually cater to his
diet and of course since I am doing the cooking I usually pick what I like too.

Many times my husband decides he doesn't like what we are eating and makes
something of his own, which creates havoc cause the kids then think that
they can have whatever they like.

How do mixed families organize their meal times, eating arrangements,
cooking arrangements?  Any suggestions on how to proceed.  We have two
toasters and two sets of bread at all times, since he will not give up his
wheaty bread.

Thanx in advance for all your support!!!!!  These are the times I thank the
listowners for the superb job they have done in giving us this support outlet.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada