From:
"Lorry B. Getz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 11:16:29 -0700

Hi,

Thanks to all who responded to my query about GF meals on United
Airlines.  I received approximately 20 responses.

An overwhelming majority of the responses reported a very positive and
successful experience on United Airlines in regards to GF meals.  These
people also recommended contacting United well in advance to order your
GF meal, then midway between the reservation and actual departure date,
call again to confirm you will receive a GF meal, and then, prior to
your departure, call one last time to double confirm you will receive a
GF meal.

Some people indicated that with their GF meal, they may receive one
gluten item, such as a roll, but the rest of the meal was GF and quite
good and coveted by other passengers.  This was the general consensus
for both domestic and international flights.

Only 2 folks indicated they did not receive a GF meal as they had
ordered, and these people suggested to ALWAYS bring your own foods
aboard in case you receive a non GF meal.

Thanks to all who responded!

Robin in CO