From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:44:18 -0500

I replied privately to the original person who brought this up, but I
wanted to say that I wear a MedicAlert bracelet because I am allergic to
penicillin, sulfa, and all their derivatives. Ever since I got this
bracelet (which I have never removed!) I have felt quite secure. The last
time I was in the hospital (for a c-section) the nurse did look at the
bracelet. I always felt vaguely uneasy before I had the bracelet, in case
I were to be in an accident, etc., but now I feel very safe. Having a
message in your wallet is useless because you can easily be separated from
it. I have heard ambulance drivers talk about this and how important the
bracelet or necklace is. In fact, now that you have mentioned it in
relation to CD, I will probably get one for my son (if his diagnosis comes
back positive).

Anne Washburn
Co-owner, APH - Association of Personal Historians List