From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:12:30 -0700

Listmates, I posted a suggestion that some with insomnia may benefit as I
have by a product called OsteoPrime Forte made by PhytoPharmica.
        Many people asked where I get it.  I buy mine at both a local pharmacy
and a naturopathic dispensary that carry PhytoPharmica products.
OsteoPrime Forte is available nation wide without a prescription in many
pharmacies, naturopathic dispensaries and on-line.  If you go through
your local phone book and call the pharmacies & naturopaths in your area,
you're bound to come up with at least one that carries this line of
products.  There's lots of on-line sources.  I did a Google search on
line & came up with several links to suppliers:
http://www.vitaminlife.com/brand.asp?BrandID=847
http://www.shop-phytopharmica.com/
http://www.thewayup.com/products/0023.htm
http://www.medwing.com/ipp/phytopharmica/osteoprime-forte-tablets-phytoph
armica.shtml
http://www.phillypharmacy.com/2884492.html
        I was also asked how much I take.  I take the recommended amount, 4
per
day.
        I received interesting commentary from some as to why this formula may
be so effective in helping me get a good night's rest.  [My comments are
in brackets.]:
--------------
[OsteoPrime contains chromium which helps regulate blood sugar & prevent
hypoglycemia.  Blood sugar dropping in the middle of the night can cause
frightening or weird dreams and also waken people at night.  A protein
snack at bedtime also helps.]
------------
[OsteoPrime contains a calcium/magnesium ratio of 2:1 plus zinc & all the
trace minerals & vitamins to enhanse absorption & utilization.]
hi, valerie,
        interesting - had a lot of trouble sleeping and know of others, as
well.
 one lady told me that was the main symptom that led her husband to seek
out his doctor and was diagnosed with celiacs.  Thank you for the info
about your calcium/mag supplement.  have heard from the health food shop
that magneseum does have a calming, sleep inducing effect taken in a
balanced ratio to calcium.  but also that it could have an
opposite effect if not in the right ratio or if too much mag is taken.
        what was discovered over the years, tho, is a little trick to help
sleep.  try warming the feet in a hot foot bath; or microwave a damp wash
cloth and apply.  recently saw a tip article in Good Housekeeping "tips
to a good night's sleep."  one tip was to warm the feet.  there is a
physiology involved, something about blood flow and the sleep process -
aha! it is actually scientific.  works great, and now I know why.       bfn
--------------
Yep - probably the magnesium and calcium have to be in a certain ratio or
something.  Maybe that's why they put them together so often, along with
zinc?
----------------
My doctor credits magnesium with helping patients sleep better.  I take
it at night and I think it has helped.  It's
supposed to be good for the muscles; keeps them from getting twitchy.
Thanks for the product info.
Shelia in North Carolina

[Ha ha!  That's so funny.  My doctor kept telling me to take more & more
magnesium.  The more I took, the worse it got.  My legs were twitching &
cramping ALL night long.  When I finally quit the magnesium and started
on OsteoPrime, the cramps stopped & I slept better.  I guess it all
depends upon the individual's needs.  We're all so different.]
I find I have trouble sleeping when I've had gluten.    Janice.

[Gluten aggravates whatever ails you!]

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!