From:
"MARIO W. CAPRIO" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 00:03:26 EDT

I invented this, and I love it.  (Kind of like a mother praising her child)

..5-1 lb shrimp, depending on budget
2-3 Tbl olive oil
1 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay is my favorite)
3 good size cloves of garlic
3-4 leaves fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 cups cooked rice

Chop the garlic and basil and sautee in the olive oil only until the edges
of the garlic are very lightly brown.  Add the shrimp and cook till pink,
then add the wine and simmer for 10-15 minutes.  Add this sauce to the
cooked rice and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is absorbed/evaporated.

(When I have more money than time I substitue cleaned and cooked shrimp from
the market for my labor and reduce the shrimps' cooking time.)