From:
alison Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:11:30 EDT

SUMMARY

Thanks for everyone's help on the following posting:

>I had a bad reaction to something yesterday. I am a traveling sales person
>so I eat out all the time but can not figure out what I had the terrible
>reaction to?
>
>1.) Ceasar salad without croutons at a restaurant.
>
>2.) Belle color hair dye which the conditioner has wheat germ oil in it and
>got into my mouth but I tries spitting it out when it happened.
>
>3.) Is there anything we can do if we accidently injest wheat liking
>drinking a ton of water or something? Or a colon cleanse?

Everyone felt it had to be the cesaer salad rather that the hair dye. I did
receive a lot of mail about going gf before the blood test. Most everyone
thought I should eat gluten until after the blood test. Well - they were
correct because my tests were negative (1% for both).  However, I have a
gastro appointment on Tuesday and I am really sick with a fibromyalgia flare
due to eating a ton of pasta and bread. I am trying to hold out until I
receive the biopsy. I will have to insist on the test because my great aunt
had celiac sprue.

I have terrible brain fog, pain all over - mostly hands and feet and teeth,
fatigue, bloating  etc... I think everyone else knows the rest.

I will let everyone know the results of the biopsy - Really diffucult to
suffer when you how much better it feels to be GF.

Can anyone tell me how wheat allergy is diagnosed? Skin, blood, or elimination
diet?  Are they the same symptons as celiac? Thanks!!!