From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:13:27 -0400

A few days ago, I asked if any CD menopaused women had taked DHEA along
with Premarin and Provera.  I have had about 8 who responded they did,
with or without hormones, with no ill effects.  Also, I asked on a DHEA
site to a doctor the same question.  Here is his response:

-----------
We have searched the literatureand can find no contraindications for
Provera and Premarin. Make sure to check with your physician, if he has
any concerns with your DHEA levels he can have it checked for you.  DHEA
is usually taken as an alternative to Premarin. It is a Hormone
precursor that the body can convert to Estrogen. It is possible to
reduce Premarin intake or eliminate it entirely by supplementing with
DHEA. I believe that is is safe to take with Premarin since it is
converted to many different hormones. The best approach is to ask your
Doctor if you can take the DHEA and slowly reduce your Premarin intake
until it is no longer needed. I guess that you can tell subjectively by
whether or not you have "hot flashes" or objectively by having a hormone
panel done. I would not be concerned by taking the DHEA with Premarin if
the goal is to stop the Premarin.

If you have any questions or need assistance of any kind,
don't hesitate to contact us.

Good health to you,
Thanks and God bless.

Dr. Morrow and Staff