From:
Julie Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:23:17 -0700
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Thanks everyone for the beer batter recipes can't wait to give it a try.
Here are the responses I received.

You could use any pancake mix you have, like Pamela's. Or you could use just
a basic flour mixture like Bette Hagmans. Make sure you dust the fish or
onion rings with the dry flour first, and make sure fish is dry.

You will find a fritter batter at this link http://celiaclife.com/  Click on
the recipe forum link on the left and it will be under the Spice Mixes,
condiments etc. category.  Its called Gluten Free Fritter Batter.  I would
suggest substituting the gf beer for the 7up or carbonated water asked for
in the recipe.

You can use club soda or seltzer in place of beer....that is how it is done
in the orient ..cornstarch, baking powder and club soda

I use rice flour, actually all I use in my mix is rice flour and eggs, I
keep adding eggs till I get the right texture, then I deep fry in peanut oil
in a very large pot on the stove, no mess that way.

Also, several people asked about the beer I bought.  The beer I found at
Whole Foods in Sacramento is from the Ramapo Valley Brewery in Hillburn, NY.
It's called "Passover Honey Beer" ingredients are water, molasses, hops,
honey and Passover yeast.  My husband was wondering what I was up to when I
brought it home, since our 8 year-old daughter has celiac disease, and not
us.  I had beer batter on my mind!

Thanks again, and cheers!

Julie in Sacramento