From:
Debi Ruscitti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debi Ruscitti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:13:41 -0400

Hi
I have received so many return notes. It really does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one.
I live in the western suburbs of Chicago, IL and I was diagnosed in 2006 with Celiac and 4 years ago learned I had allergies to dairy and soy. Honestly, the dairy and soy are harder to deal with when going out. Today there are many more restaurants that accommodate GF..or atleast try to accommodate! :) I travel with my husband to many destinations and as long as I call to the hotels, cruise ships or restaurants ahead, I can usually find the right person to speak with and feel they get it. With that being said, we do have to travel more "high end" so, our vacations and dinners are MUCH more expensive then they used to be..and a little less frequent?
I do cook for all the holidays..Christmas Day I do go to my step daughter but end up bringing a lot of what I cooked for everyone. We celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, and every and any other holiday that the kids want to celebrate.. With 4 kids, daughter in laws, son in laws,  7 grandkids and my husband and I, it is also a lot of birthday celebrations.
I wake up every day feeling grateful for my life, health..I workout daily, do a lot of grocery runs and cook most nights for my husband and I. I love having people around and as I said, I just wish I could find more friends who get it. Or atleast were willing to let ME be the one to decide if I can come to lunch or to the get together...
Thanks again for letting me know I'm not alone!!! IT sure was heartwarming..❤️
Anyone else near Lisle, L or Weston, FL from Jan-March? I'd love to meet..DEB