From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:38:31 -0700

Hi All--

My nephew is getting married September 13. I haven't
seen him in nine years and when we first learned he
was engaged, I was thrilled and anxious to go to the
wedding. He lives in NC and is getting married in
Youngstown, OH. I live in Alabama.

Family from out of town is included in the rehearsal
dinner, but the menu has already been planned and I
don't have a clue what it will be. The wedding is
formal. Since I haven't met the bride-to-be, I feel it
would not only be awkward, but tacky to ask what is
being served - or to even mention my diet
restrictions. This is not my event. I think my nephew
and his fiance probably have more to worry about than
one special meal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle
this? I'm leaning toward not going - I truly try not
to feel sorry for myself, but I am growing weary of
not being able to eat with my family away from home
unless I take *everything* with me. And quite
honestly, I'm sick to death of dragging food
everywhere I go, just in case.

Thanks for any advice anyone would like to share.

Cheers (NOT - at the moment),
Ayn in Alabama