From:
Jenny Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:12:13 -0600

Hello All;

I am from the MetroCeliacs group in Chicago.  We have a branch that does
a supper club where we try restaurants, hoping to make local
establishments more aware and gluten friendly and to make new social
events for celiacs in the city (although all are welcome!). Our goal is
to have a fun, positive dining experience all around.

Last night ours met at a place called THYME.  I called the chef John
Bubala and he was the most extremely interested and invested person I
have spoken with yet.  He helped me plan the menu, but went beyond that
- he went on celiac.com to learn about our restrictions, he called me
with questions and suggestions and he was very excited.  Now, I am not
so used to that kind of enthusiasm, and let me tell you, it was
refreshing to see that kind of attitude. He saw it as something to learn
about to better his skills, which is the best I can hope for when I make
these plans every month, but this was the first time I encountered it.
Now I am spoiled and am going to expect it everywhere else we plan an
event!  :)

Not having to worry about the menu or spend time speaking with the
server a hundred times about what we could order (the back and forth
between the server and the chef always annoys me) made socializing so
much more fun.  We had a FANTASTIC group show up and the food was so
good everyone said they would go back. This was the best dining
experience I have had yet and I encourage anyone in the Chicagoland area
to give Thyme a try, you won't be sorry.

Well, thought a positive post is always a good thing and wanted to share
and thank all those who attended.

www.thymechicago.com <http://www.thymechicago.com>  in case you want to
look at the place.

Jennifer Price
MetroCeliacs - Chicago

[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  to email me
for information on our group or upcoming activities.
Jennifer L. Price
Senior Editor/Office Manager
Editorial Department

Barrington Research Associates, Inc.