From:
Judy Woelfle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 19:40:28 -0400

I would like to thank all of those who responded to my post about
finding a recipe or store to buy any kind of bread but rice bread.  This
was mainly due to the fact that the Tapioca bread that I was purchasing
from Glutino is not available until the end of July.

Many people suggested I buy Ener-G Tapioca Bread Tapioca Bread.  I have
previously bought it, but don't like it unless it's toasted to a crisp.

A few people suggested some of the recipes in Bette Hagman's Recipe
Books.  Again, I've tried to make several of her breads and have not
liked any of them.  I find that they all have this particular smell that
drives me crazy.

The absolute, most wonderful response was the following one.  I ordered
their bread, raisin bread, donuts, cinnamon buns, english muffins, and
hamburger buns.  They are out of this world.  I don't remember regular
donuts tasting this good.  Here it is, for all to enjoy (along with
other responses also).

Judy - please excuse this if it inappropriate. Kinnikinnick Foods has 17
different varieties of bread.

We offer $8.00 to-your-door delivery for orders of $40.00 or more. If you
would like information , please respond via email, call our toll free
number at 1-877-503-4466, or visit our web stie at www.kinnikinnick.com

We make all Kinnikinnick Brand products at our facility here in Edmonton.
All of our Products are GUARANTEED 100% Gluten free. We specialize in
gluten free products and are a single purpose manufacturer of gluten free
foods. You never have to worry about cross-contamination when you buy from
Kinnikinnick. We research all of our ingredient suppliers and require they
follow strict guidelines for purity of product. We believe that there is NO
acceptable level of gluten.

Jay Bigam
Webmaster/Marketing Manager
Kinnikinnick Foods Inc.

"100% Gluten Free Guaranteed"
I received the following e-mails, and would like to post them for anyone
interested:

I can understand your aversion to rice bread, because I used to feel the
same way.  However, I can recommend some very tasty rice bread from Cybros
Inc. P.O. Box 851, Waukesha, WI 53187-0851 phone 800-876-2253, Fax
414-547-8946.  I order their 100% Rice N Raisin Bread ($2.14/16 oz), their
Tapioca Almond Bread ($2.74/24 oz.), and their 100% Rice Rolls ($1.94/12
oz.= 9 rolls).  These are eggs and dairy free.  There are other types of
gluten free breads and other products as well, but some of these contain
eggs and dairy which I can't use.  These will be mail ordered to your
address.  The bread is delicious, and doesn't taste like cardboard as is
usually the case with rice bread.

Mary Russell
Mary & Bill Russell

Try the following recipe

3 parts rice flour
2 parts buckwheat flour
1 part corn flour
add 1/4 part tapioca flour (optional)
salt
add yeast, 2 parts water, 2 tbsp oil/butter and
1 pbsp vinegar, mix rise, bake

If you burn the bread just a little bit, you will not taste any rice...

sounds incredible, doesn't it?

Christian, Basel, Switzerland

PS if you need a detailed recipe, let me know
Try Gillian Foods, they make the BEST gf bread in the world.  I was ready to
give up on any of the gf breads until I found him.  It is really a great
product.

I am in no way affiliated with Gillian except being a satisfied
customer.

Patricia S. (NC)

Gillian's Foods Inc.
Bob and Sue Otolo bake gltuten-free french rolls and other products.
Address:
Gillian's Foods Inc., 462 Proctor Ave.Revere, MA 02151-5730, USA. Tel:
(781) 286-4095. E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Once again, thanks to all those who responded.  I'm much happier now (as
is my stomach) than I have been for a long time.

Judy from Nepean, Ontario, Canada