From:
Jenn Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:52:37 EST

FYI (For Your Information) I recieved many responses to this and the overall
consensus is that many people have eaten some types of Breyers for years and
never had a reaction...I'm glad for that.  Others responded that they had
also had a "less that enthusiastic" response from Breyers about the question
of gluten in their product.  I e-mailed Breyers my concerns over 2 weeks ago
and have never heard from them.  I think I can safely say at this point the
Good Humor/Breyers is not interested in our food needs.  I went to the store
and picked up a gallon of Edy's frozen yogurt (vanilla) and went to the car
and called their 800 number on the carton (it was almost 5:00 and I couldn't
wait to get home in case they were closed) and I'll have to tell you that
they were SO NICE and VERY AWARE of gluten and added that they take
consumer's need seriously.  The ice cream I bought was indeed gf and they are
sending me a list of their other gf products along with coupons.  WHAT A
DIFFERENCE!  I'll let you know what other stuff from Edy's is when I get
their mailing.  Gotta go have a sundae now...Bon Apetit!