From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:39:25 -0400

Hi gang ! Patricia's post about Disneyland reminded me that I ought to tell
about about our Disney cruise during the 4th of July week.(more crowded than
Gatlinburg, TN.) I took the whole family of seven but I am the only celiac.
 I am positive that I have or had DH in 1992 and was so broken out I could
hardly sit. It took 3 years on a g/f regimen to get all the IgA deposits out
of my system and quit breaking out.  The reason I mention this is that I am
not sensitive to anything and even drinking Budweiser doesn't bother me now
or break me out.  This statement was not to generate a big argument as I
have caught a lot of flack from saying this.  { In 1996 or 97 after I went
on a g/f diet I called Budweiser and asked them to make a g/f beer.  This is
a direct statement from Budweiser and they sent it in writing: (email). }

"Our beer is g/f. Rice is the main ingredient and the Barley that is used in
the brewing  process is turned into Amino Acids and out scientists have been
unable to detect any gluten."  Don't bother with negative comments I have
heard them all.

The four day cruise was first and since I am not sensitive my wife asked
about g/f bread when we arrived.  They brought me a platter of g/f hot rolls
that were fantastic.  I love eggs and omelets but asked about g/f pancakes.
 Every morning they had to go to the main kitchen and get them and they even
brought me Cary's sugar free syrup as I have T-1 diabetes and wear a Minimed
pump.  By requesting g/f bread they made sure that every thing I ate was
prepared g/f.
We cruise a lot, usually on Celebrity, but for great g/f service this was
the best ever. We stopped at Nassau twice and I ate lunch on the island and
they even brought me a g/f hamburger to Disney's restaurant on the island.

After the cruise we drove to Disney World for 4 days and I ate most of my
meals in the restaurant at Port Orleans where the hotel is located.  Mostly
I got a hamburger patty and French fries and a garden salad out of the
refrigerator and they had plenty of fruit  At the hamburger counter there
was g/f Brownies in a snack bowl.
I found plenty of things like a good salad and French fries at Disney World,
Animal Kingdom etc.  The place was crowded but the kids had fun and stated
that the cruise was the best part of the trip.
Charlie in SC...........next cruise in Oct on Royal Caribbean.

*******
*******