From:
MRS JOANNE R EGGLESTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 1995 12:22:06 EDT

We recently found a fantastic GF chocolate sheet cake. This cake
after taking one bite I absolutely could not believe it was GF! It
tastes just like the "real" thing! Its been almost two years being GF,
 but after finding this recipe you just won't believe it!!! I can't
take any credit for the recipe. I will share the recipe for those of
you who do not receive Lifeline.  The recipe was in the Summer 1995
issue and was submitted from a Helen Sumner.  You have to try it!
Trust me, you won't believe it's GF. So moist!!!!!

CAKE - Preheat oven to 400. Grease and flour a jelly roll pan (15 1/2
x 10 1/2 inches). Mix together:

2 C. flour (GF baking mix) NOTE: We used Bette Hagemen's GF goumet
mix
2 C. sugar
1/2 t. salt

Bring to a boil in a pan:

1 stick margarine
1/4 C. cocoa
1/2 C. oil
1 C. water

When mixture boils, pour over flour and sugar mixture. Beat well.

Add to mixture:

2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
Mix 1 t. baking soda into 1/2 C. buttermilk & add. Mix well. Pour
batter into jelly roll plan. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven
and cool.

ICING

Bring just barely to a boil, then stir well:

1 stick margarine or butter
1/4 C. cocoa, 5 T milk

ADD:

1 t. vanilla
1 lb. confectioner's sugar or enough to make mixture spreadable.
Frost cake.

Enjoy!

Joanne & Diana
Iowa