From:
Russell Baleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 07:21:19 PST

Hi, I've had quite a few requests for more details regarding my first
posting of 'easy diagnosis of celiac disease' and it's been suggested that I
post the details to the whole list so here goes:

There's very little knowledge of gluten intolerance in South Africa and I'm
surprised at what I perceive to be a lack of knowledge about reflexology in
the USA. I hope I'm wrong in this regard.   Reflexology is one of the
fastest growing holistic therapies gaining worldwide acceptance.  If any
organ or part of the body become 'dis-eased',  the corresponding reflex in
the foot often becomes congested and a professionally trained reflexologist
will find this area either sensitive, discoloured or varying in texture in
some way.  Reflexology is a completely safe, natural aid to restoring the
body's healthful balance.  It is a natural therapy of stimulation and not to
be confused with general massage therapy.  It's purpose is to promote better
health and it should not be compared with any medical treatment nor is it
intended to replace conventional medical treatment.  The reflexologist
stimulates the reflex areas in the feet by compression massage (or
palpation) while the person relaxes (an extremely pleasurable experience)
and by proper stimulation, congestion in the body is relieved.  The improved
relaxation and blood supply promoted by the reflexology therapy provides
corresponding benefit to the overall well-being of the recipient.

So, am I making sense?  I sure hope so.  As far as to my information being
dependable, well I have had about ten clients who have each had several
typical celiac symptoms and in EVERY case the foot reflex areas of the gall
bladder and the pancreas were sensitive.  Once they had read about gluten
intolerance and tried the GF diet there were miraculous improvements. So I
am saying I believe that a trained reflexologist, if he or she had this
information as well as a fair knowledge of gluten intolerance etc., could
very quickly identify the existence of celiac disease.  Yes this sounds
far-fetched and too easy (what do I say to you, "trust me , I'm a celiac"?)
I'm just trying to get a few reputable reflexologists interested and then I
believe this information will spread fast and make a significant difference.

Reflexology obviously cannot cure or improve the celiac except for the
general toning and relaxational benefits that occur with the therapy.
Unfortunately not all reflexologists agree on the exact locations of the
reflex areas so in order for me to accurately pass on this information, I'd
have to chat to the reflexologist concerned.

Hope you find this interesting.  Please contact me if you want help in this
regard or just want to chat about it, I really believe that it can make a
huge contribution.

Best regards,  Russell. (from a very warm, sunny, clear and wonderful South
Africa).

Russell Baleson <[log in to unmask]>
Johannesburg, South Africa 01/31/96  07:21:19