From:
Cliff Blaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:32:19 EST

Can anyone out there tell me whether Bubblicious gum is gluten-free?  Also,
why is "gum base" on all the "forbidden" lists?

Three and a half months after our 14 year old son was diagnosed as a celiac,
my wife and I realize he's been chewing Bubblicious gum almost every day.
We've been really careful to avoid gluten in his diet, and now we're
concerned that he may have been exposed to gluten on a daily basis.  When we
called Warner Lambert today, we received one of those "We can't guarantee
that the gum is gluten-free.  We don't add any gluten to the product, but
some of the ingredients we use may be processed by our vendors on lines that
are not dedicated."

We both seem to recall calling Warner Lambert just after the initial
diagnosis and receiving a more reassuring reply.

We would really appreciate any light you can shed on this subject.

Cliff Blaker