From:
Andrew Van Olst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Van Olst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:47:43 -0500

Blank*** Just to let you know that I have summarized about my gluten
reaction and it has been returned to me 3x!  The below has been returned to
me once, I'll try this again. ***

Just rec'd this reply from Kraft about ingredients in their peanut butter &
chocolate peanut butter (which I had).  I'm confused about the maltodextrin
which I've thought was okay but maybe it isn't?  I can't get info on
dextrin.  I've ordered a book which explains ingredients & GF better.

Dawn
Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.
We understand how important it is for people who have been medically
diagnosed with gluten sensitivity to have accurate information about foods
to help plan their meals and diets. Therefore, it has been a long standing
policy for all Kraft and Nabisco products to list ingredients that contain
gluten on the ingredient statement. These items will be listed using
commonly known terms such as Wheat, Barley, Oats or Rye. For other
ingredients that contain gluten, the grain source will be declared in
parenthesis after the ingredient name. For example, if the ingredient
"natural flavour" contains a gluten source, the label would read: natural
flavour (contains rye). Other ingredients that contain gluten are:
Triticale, Spelt, Kamut, Mir or Farina (also known as Far or Farro).
For Kraft branded products that contain vinegar, information from our
vinegar suppliers assures us that the vinegar we use in our products is
gluten free. All vinegar is distilled and through the distilling process the
protein gluten is removed.
Maltodextrin  {malt-o-dex-trin} is an easily digested carbohydrate made from
either corn, potato, rice or wheat starch.
If Maltodextrin is used in any of our products, it will be listed on the
ingredient line, on the package.
If the Maltodextrin used in any of our products is from Wheat, we will
declare as 'wheat maltodextrin' on the label.
We encourage our consumers to look at the packaging as formulations may
change from time to time, the most up to date information on the product
will always be the product packaging
If you would like additional information or to view our Gluten Fact Sheet
please visit our website, www.kraftcanada.com and type gluten in the "Search
Kraft" box.
I hope this assists you in making food choices that are appropriate for your
personal needs. If you have additional questions about your personal dietary
needs, please consult your doctor or a registered dietitian.
If you haven't done so already, please add our site to your favourites and
visit us again soon!
Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations