From:
"Joan C. Janicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:38:46 -0500

 Since there have been so many postings recently about Trader Joes
I was hoping to get more information about their products.

They recently opened several stores here in the Washington, DC area - and
I was very excited at first to have another outlet for gluten free foods,
but after checking the products in the store with their provided gluten
free lists, I decided to forgo buying any of the trademark processed foods.

On their gluten free list, there were several snack type foods that
contained soy sauce with wheat, and some of their enchilada dishes, also
on the gluten free list, had modified food starch with an undisclosed type
of vinegar.  Because of the soy sauce problem, I questioned whether the
company is in fact really familiar with hidden glutens or celiac disease at
all.

What do most people buy at these stores, and has anyone called the
company directly to verify how helpful they are with gluten issues?

Joany Janicki, Washington, DC