Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:30:20 -0400

Hi all! My name is Tina and I live in West Michigan.

My father was finally diagnosed as celiac in April after 10-12 years of
suffering. His Dr. told me I should have a blood test and so a few weeks
ago, I had one. The IgA was 20 and the IgG was 26, so my Dr. (who is a
D.O.) said I should begin the diet. I would like to have this
reconfirmed by someone who specializes in celiac before I make a major
lifestyle change such as this.

Also, my Dad was diagnosed by a Dr. (gastro) here in K-zoo and handed an
outdated list of ingredients to avoid and sent out the door. Shouldn't
he have ordered a bone scan and maybe some tests to see what vitamins he
was deficient in?

Does anyone know of a good Dr. in the West Michigan area? Actually even
South Bend IN would be fine. Thanks for reading and any help you might
be able to provide.

               Tina