Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:53:31 -0500

Joanne,
Since Celiac Sprue is a genetic disease, you didn't "catch" it.

For many of us it didn't come out of hiding until our 40's, but there are
many children and babies with it as well as people in their 60's.

I found after my initial disbelief, anger, and sadness, that the easiest way
to deal with this for my mental as well as physical well-being was to not
just accept it, but look upon it as a challenge--to live as well as I could
and still be GF.

I recommend getting some good cookbooks, like Bette Hagman's 2nd and 3rd
ones, and joining a gluten intolerance group even it it isn't in your area
(newsletter info).

Vicki
Great Pacific NorthWET