Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 00:56:45 -0500

In a message dated 96-03-07 Laurie Levine wrote:

>Now I'm really beginning to wonder if my doctors were wrong about not
>requiring vitamins and mineral supplements. How many nutrients is my body not
>absorbing and what part is that playing in my symptoms. Should I have been
>taking vitamins and minerals all these years? Which ones? Should I start now?

Vitamin Diagnostics, Inc., in Cliffwood Beach, New Jersey is a laboratory
that offers 12 vitamin analyses in biologic fluids and tissues.  They state
that, "Vitamin levels, done by our methods, specifically reflect only
metabolically available vitamins from which a diagnosis of subclinical
(hidden) and clinical (overt) vitamin deficiency can be made."

The vitamin profile includes:  Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, E.  Biotin, Carotenes,
Folic Acid, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin.

The follow-up care I've received from my gastroenterologist has included
having blood samples sent to Vitamin Diagnostics for analyses.  In addition
to the Vitamin Diagnostics anaIyses, I also had bone density testing done,
tests for Vitamin D and ferritin levels, and the usual blood Chem profile.
  In my own case, specific deficiencies were found and treated with
appropriate supplements, with follow-up tests to monitor results.  As a lay
person, I have appreciated this approach.  This is not meant as medical
advice.

Physicians can contact Vitamin Diagnostics at (908) 583-7773, Route 35 and
Industrial Road, Cliffwood Beach, New Jersey 07735.  The laboratory will
provide references and general information, including sample requirements for
serum testing and shipping instructions.

Sue Goldstein    [log in to unmask]
White Plains, NY