From:
"Dennis J. Tonetti" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis J. Tonetti
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:31:48 -0500

From: "Products, LandOLakes" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Cheese and Gluten

Thank you for visiting the Land O'Lakes Web Site.

We understand your concern of potential allergens in food products.  Land
O'Lakes, Inc. strives to provide complete and accurate ingredient
information.  For any specific product, we feel the best source of this
information is the product ingredient listing.

To the best of our knowledge, our natural dairy products such as natural
cheese (cheddar, colby, swiss etc.), butter and milk do not contain gluten.
All other LAND O LAKES(r) products may contain gluten.  The LAND O LAKES(r)
American Cheese you purchase at the deli may contain gluten and would not be
recommended for anyone with a gluten intolerance.

Listed below are organizations that can provide more information about food
allergies:

The Food Allergy Network:  www.foodallergy.org
American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology:  www.aaaai.org
Celiac Sprue Association:  www.csaceliacs.org or toll free 1-877-272-4272
The Gluten Intolerance Group of North:  1-206-325-6980
International Food Information Council Foundation:
http://ificinfo.health.org

This information does not imply any endorsements or affiliation with Land
O'Lakes, Inc.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Land O'Lakes Consumer Affairs

Case: 463116

Your comments:

Are all your cheeses gluten free?  I'm especially interested in the American
from the deli that they slice to order.  Someone said not all your cheese
are safe for people with Celiac disease.