From:
"R. David Nackerud" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:11:00 -0800

Yesterday, my wife and I along with some friends had brunch at the Skamania
Lodge in Stevenson, Washington (Cascades Locks Bridge) located on the
Columbia River Gorge.  The brunch offered a wide variety of quality food -
abundance of GF food such as fresh fruit, omelets made to order, meats,
vegetables, etc.

Usually it is easy to find GF foods at a brunch except when it comes time to
select a dessert so that's when I asked for help.  The person closest to the
desserts was the omelet chef so I asked whether any of the desserts GF.  She
went into the kitchen and Kristin, the pastry chef appeared.  I told Kristin
that I had CD - she quickly picked out three dessert that I could eat.
Luckily, the creme brule, one of my favorites was acceptable.  While
consuming the creme brule, Kristin appeared at our table with an assortment
of more GF desserts.   Kristin suggested that I call her next time we
decided to eat at the lodge and she would make certain that she had a
special GF dessert ready for me.  She said she loves a challenge.  Such
Service!

By the way, The Skamania Lodge is located in a beautiful setting - you can
see the Cascade mountains, watch the golfers on the lodge course, or just
concentrate on eating some wonderful food.

I have no financial interest in the lodge.  Just wanted to pass this on to
fellow travelers.