From:
Ron Dovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:46:19 -0600

Here's an updated response from Quaker Oats Company of Canada Ltd.
Prior to posting this response, I did a search of the archives (I am new
to this discussion group). The archives show that in previous years
there has been a lot of disgruntlement with Quaker (U.S.?) because or
their uncertainty regarding suppliers and cross contamination. The
discussion had placed Quaker into the 'hall of shame' in 1995 and list
members said the rice cakes and corn meal were suspect. These products
are included as GF in the response that I received today. I cannot
ascertain what changes, if any, that may have occurred or that may have
always been in place for the Canadian company. Unfortunately, no cereals
were listed in the response. The Safeway store next to my office carries
the Quaker Crispy Minis therefore I thought I would inquire before
consuming the product.

I have no formal affiliation with either Quaker or Safeway.

--
Ron Dovell