From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2008 19:50:54 EDT

Hi Members,

Well, you all made my Spring by the wonderful attendance at our first  Sequim
meeting. We have a wonderful facility at the Trinity United Methodist  Church
and I have heard from so many of you that you found our support important  to
your good health.

I am happy to report that our meeting on May 24th at 1:00pm will be at  Grace
Lutheran Church, 1120 Walker St., Port Townsend. Our hostess is Adele
Fosser, who has had the Port Townsend Gluten Intolerance Group for many, many
years, and who will be moving in July to Tacoma. We want to acknowledge her
wonderful support for us all, over these years, and plan on continuing her group  in
Port Townsend in the coming years. We are always looking for volunteers to
help with the planning of the meetings and any other suggestions you may have
to  make the Kitsap/Olympic GIG group grow and be the kind of support we all
need.

We will be having some wonderful gluten free treats, (of course! this is
Adele's meeting), and she will do a question and answer session on baking and
cooking on the gluten free diet. I will be talking about my attendance at the
Digestive Disease Week Convention in San Diego where I will be manning the
Gluten Intolerance Group booth. This is the yearly meeting for
gastroenterologists in the U.S. and is well attended and discloses the latest  research and
information on Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance. Also, one of  the Port
Townsend members is hoping to attend the Canadian Celiac Society  meeting in
Victoria, BC. and will update us on their information and meeting. It  will be a
super meeting and one I'm sure you won't want to miss. Put the date on  your
calendar and if you need a ride, let me know and I can arrange that for  you.

If you have any questions, please contact me at [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  or 360 477-4548. If  you have a question of Adele,
her email is [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])  or 360 385-2282.

I will forward driving directions to the church about a week before the
meeting and please plan on coming and making this a wonderful last meeting for
Adele!

See you there,

Sue Eliot
Branch Manager