From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:35:38 -0500

Positive news. Not to belabor this.....

I got a terrific phonecall tonight from a very nice guy, Brian, the manager of the local Carrabba's in Marlton, NJ. He was amazingly informed about the gluten-free menu and food prep. He has found Carrabba's..not just at his place..to be very supportive of the gf patrons...despite the statement in the hold harmless warning, that says Carrabba's doesn't train. He assured me that his kitchen staff automatically cleans the grill, wears fresh gloves, keeps gluten away from our meals, etc.

He was not aware that the owner (presumably his boss) has a relative who is gf....which another listmate told me.

So...after all is said and done, they've won me over...thanks to Brian.

FYI: My original email to headquarters politely told them I appreciated the menu and try to support restaurants that have gf menus, but how could the staff deliver if they don't have some orientation. Headquarters bumped the email down to Brian. (I had gotten a reply saying that someone local would call me.) The important thing is they do training....not on being celiac experts, just on knowing how to prep the gf stuff. Sounds good to me.

I plan to follow up with an email of praise to headquarters...after we dine there. They should know that Brian represented them well.

Lin