From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:44:38 -0400

This is a summary (per several requests), to date, of suggestions for a family vacation (7 or 8 adults and an 8 year old child...I'm the celiac. These are all reasonable driving distance to Phila. or NYC, which was my request. Other suggestions welcome. Thanks for the suggestions. They all look possible. Lin

1. My sons have gone to Kutchers country club in the catskills with their families. He is a celiac and had no problem with the food. I think they have a kosher and non kosher kitchen.
They sit on different sides of the dining room. Lots of things for kids to do.

2. How about looking into Ceasar's resorts here in the Poconos?  They have four
resorts - one of them family/children friendly.  It is a bit pricey but well
worth the investment as you pay for none of the "extras" that you would pay
for at other resorts.  They were wonderful with me with the GF diet and the
food was terrific!  They are online at:
http://www.caesarspoconoresorts.com/

3. we just got back from a week at Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster, MA.
www.oceanedge.com.  my father & his wife sponsored a family vacation,
and he chose to do the condo rentals at the resort through
atlanticrentals.com so we didn't have all the resort stuff available,
but did have the pools.  my kids are 6, 4, and 1, so we didn't need
anything other than the pool.

4. Try Shawnee Resorts on Rte 209 in Shawnee, PA.  We recently took our
granddaughters and had a wonderful time.  As for meals...Most of the
restaurants in the area were able to accommodate my celiac constraints.
Good luck. In fact, we are going back with my daughter and her family
next summer.

5. (And 2 for Woodloch Pines)
i have had some luck at woodloch pines in pa, i called ahead to the food/beverage manager and worked out a menu before i got there, foood was tasty and they were accommodating
resort is very nice, with activities for all ages

We stayed twice at Woodloch Pines which is a totally family friendly fun place with lots of activities.  They were very accommodating at all three meals.  We brought our own bread and the chef made french toast.  If you go call ahead when you book and right before you go.  When you get there talk to a dining room manager and they will go over every meal for your stay.  Place is expensive but meals and activities are included.